John Hurt Talks About David Tennant And Doctor Who



Actor John Hurt has spoken about his casting in the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special, although, he says, it was never a great ambition of his to be involved in the show.


“I’d never thought about it to be honest, but, as soon as they asked me, I knew what my answer would be,” he said yesterday at a dinner held to award him with the Liberatum Cultural Honour.

John revealed that he was extremely happy to be working alongside David Tennant who is returning to the role of the Tenth Doctor for the special episode.

“I’m in the middle of filming, I start again at 9am tomorrow. It’s brilliant and I am getting to work with David Tennant, who I have a lot of time for,” he said, though he refused to be drawn on any details about his role “I’m sworn to secrecy about my character and my scenes.”

John Hurt and David Tennant join current Doctor Matt Smith and his companion Jenna-Louise Coleman for the special. Other confirmed cast include Billie Piper, Joanna Page, Jemma Redgrave and Ingrid Oliver. 

The special is currently filming in London and South Wales and is expected to be shown on Saturday 23rd November, the day of the show's 50th anniversary. For more details click here

Source: The Telegraph



Comments