Olivia Colman Confirms She Won't Be Joining David Tennant For US Broadchurch



Olivia Colman has congratulated her Broadchurch co-star David Tennant for landing the lead role in the US remake of the show for Fox. However, she has confirmed that she won't be joining him in the States to reprise her role as DS Ellie Miller.

Olivia said, "'I heard yesterday that he is doing it and thought 'He never told me about that' and then 'they never asked me!' I phoned him up and we were talking about how exciting it is, but I don't think I'd go there to do what I thought we did ever so beautifully here – but then I've never been asked so I've never had to think about it!"

David Tennant will be playing a role very similar to that of troubled detective Alec Hardy in the original ITV series and the storyline will once again follow the investigation into the murder of a young boy whose body is found below cliffs near a small town. This time round, David's character will be American.

Chris Chibnall, the creator of the original show that has had audiences gripped worldwide, will be on board as executive producer for the US version and will be joined by Dan Futterman (In Treatment, Capote) and Anya Epstein (In Treatment, Homicide), Shine America's Carolyn Bernstein (The Bridge) and Jane Featherstone (The Hour) from drama producer Kudos. Chris has also written the first episode. The series starts shooting in January 2014 and is expected to air during the 2014-15 season.

Chris Chibnall is also writing a second series of Broadchurch for ITV which is believed to go into production in late spring 2014. No casting has been confirmed for the sequel yet.


Source 

Comments