PHOTOS: David Tennant & Freema Agyeman Doctor Who Cast Announcement #ThrowbackThursday

Today's #ThrowbackThursday post is a collection of photos of David Tennant and Freema Agyeman taken to promote the announcement that Freema was joining the cast of Doctor Who as Martha Jones in 2006.

At the time Freema told the BBC: "I've been keeping this secret from my friends for months - it's been driving me mad!

"Auditioning with David in secret down in Cardiff was unbelievable, but I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd actually become the new companion.

"Billie rightfully built up an amazing fan base and she will be missed, but I hope the fans are willing to go on new adventures with me.

"It still hasn't quite sunk in, I'm sure it will slam home first day on set when I'm stood gazing at David Tennant!"

David Tennant adds: "Freema was a joy to work with in episode 12 of the current series. She is not only very talented and very beautiful, she's great fun and I'm delighted she's coming on board the TARDIS full time.

"I can't wait to welcome her into the Who family."






Comments