Dean Devlin On David Tennant: "The Nicest Person I Have Ever Worked With"



David Tennant's new movie Bad Samaritan was a big presence at WonderCon in California over the weekend, featuring in two panels and giving film fans the opportunity to meet up with director Dean Devlin, writer Brandon Boyce and cast members Carlito Olivero, Jacqueline Byers and Kerry Condon. The movie starring David Tennant and Robert Sheehan will be released in theatres across the USA on May 4th 2018.

Yael Tygiel, host of entertainment site yael.tv, caught up with Dean for a talk about the upcoming thriller and asked him why he was keen to have David star in his movie.

"I've always wanted to work with David because I'm clearly a fanboy," Dean said. "I would have cast him in any part. If he'd said 'I want to be the girl in the chair', I'd have said 'Fine, you're the girl in the chair!' But I just knew he would be amazing because I think he's one of the most versatile, talented actors out there, and underutilised in my opinion."

So, did David live up to Dean's expectations? What was he like on set?

"He is literally the nicest person I have ever worked with in my life," Dean shared. "It's so interesting because you say 'Action!' and he's the most terrifying person ever. You say 'Cut!' and he's the sweetest guy in the world. I've never seen such a seesaw! And when you're not shooting he's helping people carry props and he's carrying his chair...he's just the nicest, most considerate person."

Bad Samaritan centres on a pair of young valets, played by Robert Sheehan and Carlito Olivero, who attract the attention of the villainous Cale Erendreich (David Tennant) after a scam they are trying to pull goes wrong. As Dean explains, it's not a clear cut good vs. evil storyline. "Our lead character is not your typical hero," he says. "He's a bit of a rogue."

Watch the full interview here:


Bad Samaritan was filmed in Portland, Oregon during late 2016 to early 2017 and is produced through Dean's own company Electric Entertainment. For more Bad Samaritan news, please visit our website.


Comments